Brazilian state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) has completed a drill stem test (DST) at the Jupiter pre-salt area in Block BM-S-24 concession in the Santos Basin. 

The well is located about 295km from Rio de Janeiro, in a water depth of 2,183m. 

The test assessed the pre-salt carbonate reservoirs in the well, which is internally called Apollonia (3-BRSA-1246- RJS). Petrobras said that the test confirmed “excellent productivity” of the well, containing value added condensed oil. 

Acquired in 2001, the Block BM-S-24 concession is operated by Petrobras with ownership of 80% and the remaining 20% is held by Petrogal Brazil.