Technip was awarded by Deep Gulf Energy II LLC a lump sum contract for the development of the Kodiak field, located in Mississippi Canyon Blocks 727 and 771, in the Gulf of Mexico, at water depths ranging from 1,472 meters to 1,710 meters.
The project consists of a subsea tie-back to the Devils Tower Truss Spar located in Mississippi Canyon Block 773. To withstand Kodiak field’s high temperature and pressure as well as extremely corrosive production fluids, the pipeline will be of a bi-metallic construction, lined with corrosion resistant alloy(1). This solution effectively addresses the challenges of increasingly demanding operating conditions.
This contract covers:
* project management,
* fabrication(2) and installation of more than 12 kilometers of reeled bi-metallic flowline and riser,
* installation of an 11-kilometer umbilical, associated terminations and flying leads,
* pre-commissioning and testing for the rigid line,
* crossings preparation along with pre-lay and post-lay survey.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas, USA, will perform the overall project management. The infield flowline and riser will be welded at the Group’s spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama, USA. The offshore installation is expected to be performed in the second half of 2015 by vessels from the Technip’s fleet: the Deep Blue, one of the world's largest purpose-built ultra deepwater pipelay and subsea construction vessel, and the Global Orion, a support vessel.
Deanna Goodwin, President North America at Technip, has declared: “We are delighted to have been awarded this new project. Technip will leverage its unique subsea vertical integration, offering support to our client, from concept to execution.”
(1) Bi-metallic: pipe construction with a corrosion resistant alloy (CRA) layer on the inner surface of the carbon steel pipe. This is obtained either through a CRA liner mechanically bonded to the carbon steel pipe (i.e. Mechanically Lined Pipe - MLP) or through the deposit of CRA metallurgically bonded to the carbon steel pipe inner surface by welding overlay (i.e. Cladded pipe).
(2) Fabrication includes FLET and jumper, as well as the welding of the pipeline (infield flowline and dynamic riser), which is supplied by the client.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 40,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges. Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.